Stuck in Demo mode after purchase?

Started by Allen95

I installed the latest update for Serum (middle download) which I have installed into my hard drive but Serum is still stuck in demo mode? I've restarted Logic and my computer many times with the same result.

mustangmatt

Also stuck in demo mode, on windows 10 in fl studio 20. Reinstalled about 5 times and still stuck.

steve_xfer

If Serum is not updating, you're probably installing to the wrong location vs. where the DAW is set to look for VST plugins.
It is also important to restart the DAW.

1) Look where your DAW is set for VST Plugins and
2) delete Serum.dll / Serum_x64.dll from that location.

3) sanity check: Verify Serum is no longer available in the DAW.

Then quit the DAW and run the update to that location.

In FL Studio, check FL options->Plugin Manager, and delete any and all instances of Serum (expand window to the right if needed to see path) in Windows explorer, rescan and verify Serum is not available, then quit FL and run the update.

Let me know if you’re still stuck.

AlexDault

I've installed serum about 20 times for both installations and spent about 3 hrs trying to get serum out of demo mode. I've deleted serum from my folders multiple times and reinstalled it. I don't see where I can put my serial in. I'm lost.

Je suis également coincé en mode Démo depuis plusieurs jours et après multiples désinstallations et re-installations.
Seules options lors de l'ouverture de SERUM, "TRY" ou "BUY".
Aucune possibilité d'activation, autorisation…
Enthousiasme retombé, épuisé et même petits regrets…
Mac osx 10.13.4 (High Sierra)

steve_xfer

@AlexDault
Please mention your DAW and OS. The failsafe approach is to delete Serum plugin file and verify it is no longer available in your DAW, then quit the DAW and run the update installer.

@MVIUS
Je ne vous vois pas inscrit à Serum, veuillez utiliser le formulaire de contact afin que je puisse vous aider à localiser votre achat.

Hi Steve, I'm having a similar issue as the original poster. I've recently had to reinstall nerve on my Windows 11 machine. I have Ableton Live. I downloaded the version 1.0 VSTi and WAV data. I also downloaded the 1.2.4 update. I installed the VSTi, then the WAV data, then the 1.2.4 update. I then moved the NerveData folder out of my VST directory and into my home/Documents/Xfer directory. Nerve is showing the "demo" flag and not re-prompting me for my authorization key.

steve_xfer

Try the beta atop the Nerve forum, it has a resizable UI and some relevant fixes.

Heroknight528

I have this smiliar issue but on macOS for garageband. I keep deleting the files for Serum and reinstalling the full version and have restarted my laptop but still running into same issue. Can you please help give a solution for my platform? That would be great thanks

Heroknight528

UPDATE: After trying too many times to remove all serum related files and reinstalling everytime, my garageband DAW now says "An Audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable. Please quit and restart GarageBand." after reinstalling it and putting serum on a track for use.