skins folder?

Started by koura

I was working with a friend in serum, and the skins folder is there, but it says it is missing. There is nothing inside the folder, so what should be in it?

HI !

I just updated Serum and Serum Fx via Splice and now I'm getting the same error.
I've tried making a folder called 'Skins', giving the .dll all permissions, whatever…
I'm working on Ableton, Windows 10.

Also, the link above doesn't work right, it says I'm not authorized for the content.

steve_xfer

Don't make a skins folder. It needs the skin files which are installed by the update installer. You need to log in with the email you use on Splice. Try signing out and then sign in with that email, "forgot password".

I got it fixed. Since my preset folder is located somewhere different then the default location, the installer apparently dropped the skin folder somewhere else.
Thanks for the reply tho !

Menu->Show Serum Presets folder, or command-shift-G in Finder:
/Library/Audio/Presets/Xfer Records

the skins folder is there, but I don't know what to do. the message that appears in serum isays that the skins folder is missing but it is there.

Tanner Reyhons-splice

yea I just snagged the feedme skin and im getting the same message when trying to switch to the skin.

yea I just snagged the feedme skin and im getting the same message when trying to switch to the skin.

I had the same issue (on Mac) until I changed the Read/Write permission of the Feed Me folder. So anyone with issues might want to check if it is set to Read only! Hope that helps.

I had the same issue (on Mac) until I changed the Read/Write permission of the Feed Me folder. So anyone with issues might want to check if it is set to Read only! Hope that helps.

Thank you SO much! This was exactly my issue. Hi I just got Serum and really enjoying it.