"This preset was made with a newer version of serum"

Started by Etanimo

So I just downloaded this Sample pack and it is saying this. I have my serum up to date and reinstalled it to see if it would do anything. Did nothing. I did buy plugin off of splice so can yall help me here ?

If Serum is not updating, most often this is Windows OS (?) and FL Studio user (?)

You're probably installing to the wrong location vs. where the DAW is set to look for VST plugins.

Look where your DAW is set for VST Plugins and delete Serum.dll / Serum_x64.dll from that location.

sanity check: Verify Serum is no longer available in the DAW.

Then quit the DAW and run the update to that location.

In FL Studio, check FL options->Plugin Manager, and delete any and all instances of Serum (expand window to the right if needed to see path) in Windows explorer, rescan and verify Serum is not available, then quit FL and run the update.

Let me know your DAW and OS if you’re still stuck.

In Fl Studios Plugin manager, my Plugins dont delete. All i could do is uncheck them. Also, splice tells me im updated yet half the sounds ive purchased are "created on a newer version". Can u inform me on how to update my serum to the most recent update?

expand the window to the right and you can see "path" to where the .dll file exists on your hard disk, and delete it from Windows.

Steve, i believe the problem is splice not offering the most recent update. I deleted serum completely, and reinistalled it but it only lets me get 1.2.7 version from splice. ive completely bought this plugin now but im not able to use more than half of the synths i download :(. What do i do?

Splice offers the latest, most likely the previous reply holds true, check "build" on the global tab of Serum and report the version.

Mattp41-splice

Im having the same issue. Ive deleted Serum and have redownloaded it, and its up to date. Renting from Splice, many of the presets say 'update to new version of Serum'

steve_xfer

This is not a support forum, Please use the contact form and mention your DAW and OS if you need support.

Update Serum, Run installer, Close your DAW, Repoen DAW, Rescan Plugins, Open Serum, you should be good to go now.