Typable Values no longer working on multiple systems

Started by ill-esha-splice

ill-esha-splice

Hi, I've exhausted all possibilities afaik….
Updated to the latest version..
Tried on both a Macbook Pro Mojave and a Hackintosh Catalina… same thing happening
Tried AudioUnit and VST both…

When I click on a typable value, the box comes up but as soon as I start typing it closes. Sometimes if I click inside the existing number value it will let me backspace and delete it, but as soon as I type a single character it closes out of it. So I am unable to set envelope length in bpm value… or enter formulas into the formula bar.. anything that's a typable value.

:(
Help!

Are you running FL Studio? You need to change the "keep focus" setting in the FL wrapper settings.

ill-esha-splice

EWWW FL Studio are you kidding? Do I look like one of those? :)
No, I'm running Ableton 11, but I also tested it in 10 on both systems to make sure it wasn't a beta bug.
Any other suggestions?

hmm, are you running Live Enhancement Suite? Everything seems fine here in Live on multiple macOS machines.
I'd recommend to try today's update.

ill-esha-splice

Shoot, i am running LES. Is this a known conflict? Will this always happen when I'm running it? :(

I'm not sure, it was a guess as they intercept 1 2 3 4 and make Serum change tabs - you could take it up with them as I haven't used it personally, so I don't know if it is user configurable.

ill-esha-splice

Once again, you are an absolutely correct genius. That was the problem, just wanted to note it for anyone else who might come here - I will contact them and hope for a fix. Thank you so much Steve!!! (Just finished teaching two weeks of Serum in my masters sound design class, and recommended LES - now I'll have to let them all know!)

ill-esha-splice

Found a solution for anyone looking. Change vstshortcuts toggle to 0 in Settings (Disable). :)