Serum Can't Find the Skin Sub Folder

Started by Acid Dog

Every time I reinstall serum, it always somehow cannot find the table or skins subfolder within the xfer folder. I use reason, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Is there something i'm doing wrong?

Try moving Serum Presets folder from \Documents\Xfer to C:\ so you have C:\Serum Presets and the folder no longer in the original location.

I had the same problem until I deleted everything and installed the old version of Serum that I had on my PC before and it worked with that one. The latest version of Serum maybe has some issues, don't know why. I use Win10 and maybe it has something to do with that. So many issues with that OS, I wouldn't even be surprised if that was the case. This is probably solved for the OP guy, but I'm posting it regardless.

Hey Steve, having the same issue on MacOS 10.14.5 with Ableton 10 Suite 10.1.6 and the latest update of Serum. Reinstall over the top didn't work.

I tried the command you posted on other threads. Strangely it did not work the first time, so I tried a reinstall over the top of that but it opened to the same message. So I tried the command a second time and it worked. Thanks much. Great product. :)

SaiboMusic-splice

I have the skin folder and the default is in there. I downloaded some skins and draged them into the skin folder, then i open up serum and scanned. But for some reason when i click on the serum logo its no skin slectetion. its just Default and the number down if you know what i mean- pleas help

Make sure you are in the correct Serum Presets folder -> Menu -> Show Serum Presets folder
I'd need to see a screenshot of your Skins folder, they should be alongside Default (same folder structure).

Im running into the same problem on PC. I moved the xfer file to C:\ and still nothing. all .dll are in according folders in my program files. I am receiving a message that says "most likely folder has been moved since installation. either re install or refer to the documentation. then it gives a last location tried before abort." I am receiving this message for both serum and the fx version. Please help as this is very frustrating

try WIn-R (Run):
%APPDATA%\Xfer\Serum
delete the Serum.cfg file there. Please use the contact form if you're stuck so I can see a screenshot.

lachyw-splice

try WIn-R (Run):
%APPDATA%\Xfer\Serum
delete the Serum.cfg file there. Please use the contact form if you're stuck so I can see a screenshot.

Steveo

Ive been trying to fix this for weeks, tried making a post and dont think it ever published.

I have all the files installed properly in my C: not in my documents but still get the same message from serum on vegas

Need assistance mate

I would suggest using the contact form, so I can get a screenshot of the issue.

MichaelLuke-splice

FL Studio 20 Users Win 10

Do The Following -

1 - Move Presets folder from Documents (I p[laced it on my desktop)

2- Do The Following

try WIn-R (Run):
%APPDATA%\Xfer\Serum
delete the Serum.cfg file there

3 - In Fl Studio delete the VST and add again, this will then prompt you to select the serum prests folder, click OK (a window will load)
then select the Serum Prests Folder (in my case it was on my desktop)

4 - Reload the plugin within the properties of the VST , go to the main plugin screen and it will appear like normal

Follow me on Insta - @michaellukemusic

Evidently most software companies have been bought out by a small minority of rich zealots who do not want humanity to carry on with hobbies or anything enjoyable. I've had this problem installing every VST just over the past few years except with Japanese products and Toontrack software. These clowns have changed everything where in the past VSTs were always installed in the VST folder of your host program, not in some foreign folder outside of the host/DAW. It's 2023, things aren't getting any better so I chose to boycott the entire music market and I regret buying the software that has lead me here as well as many others scattered abroad online looking for answers.

Coming back with an answer for what works for me in 2023 should anyone arrive here.
Install path: For windows FL Studio it's Local Disk C/Program Files/Image Line/FL Studio/Plugins/Fruity/Generators.

Both the app and the dll exe goes there. For each prompt asking your where to install, navigate to the generators folder where your other ones are, such as Harmor, Sytrus, Wasp, etc, with those. I hope this helps. I'm not sure why the software developers would set the default exe setup to install anywhere else other than to troll customers and potentially turn them away from buying more of their stuff.

Good luck to all in this senseless era.

Edit: I forgot to mention, your 'Serum Presets' folder should go directly into your 'Documents' folder…
so if you have custom presets to throw in, it's a quick click.

slayer20087675

hi Steve. I'm struggling to find the skins sub folder for serum so what should I do ?
Thanks!

Jordan,

Click OK to the message, this should open a Serum Presets folder. Go up a folder level (command-up on macOS, backspace on Windows) and rename this Serum presets folder, then re-run the full version installer.

OK, I found a solution! (I'm on FL Studio 21.1.1)
Navigate to C:\Users\"name"\OneDrive\Documents\Xfer\Serum Presets (If you don't have OneDrive, navigate to C:\Users\"name"\Documents\Xfer\Serum Presets)
Copy all folders and paste them into C:\Users\"name"\OneDrive\Documents\Serum
Reopen Serum in FL FL Studio and it works fine

This worked for me.
The problem appeared when I disabled OnDrive.