OTT isn't installing to any folder

Started by alexfsu

My ott.dll says it contains 0kb. So when i scan the folder in manage plugins it doesnt show up, but the rest of the dll plugins does… what do i do?

try "run as administrator" or try extracting opening the exe in 7-zip (freeware).

did you try right-click run as administrator?

absolute legend thanks for this

pedro5n_sp

Good afternoon from Spain. After having done everything you have said, it tells me that I need another application to run any of the files that I get after unzipping the dll
i don´t now what do I have to download to run and it happens with serum too

pedro5n_sp

I've been testing for weeks and a few months ago I tried too,
it asks me for an application to be able to run OTT.
And so I guess I get the dll every time I install it

steve_xfer

You need a music making program (DAW) and you set the VST2 plugins folder from within that software to the location of the folder containing the DLL files. I use C:\VSTPlugins personally but any folder location should work.

pedro5n_sp

I have fl studio and ableton but it does not run with any and they do not detect pluging.
I don't get it in any folder of both

steve_xfer

in FL Studio: -> Options ->Manage Plugins, and add a Search Path in top-left to your VST folder location (e.g. C:\VSTPlugins) to the folder containing the dll.

In Live 10, Preferences->Plugins, set the VST Custom folder to the folder containing OTT_x64.dll

pedro5n_sp

I have already solved!
was the last thing you had said
I needed to put the dll in a VST code folder and I thought that it was automatic, but no, when you told me that I have started to investigate and I have seen that I had to create a VST folder, I have created it and they were both working .
THANK YOU STEVE, I had been trying for months and see what this was has been very funny and sad at the same time hahaha
you are a beast
you have a good day

Installed OTT from splice for Logic Pro, but it does not show up in the list when inserting an audio effect. I also have LFOTool, which shows up just fine. I have re-installed multiple times, as well as re-download from splice. I can't find it on my HD either. Any guidance appreciated.

EDIT: Solved with a restart. Found a reply to someone in an older post with the same issue. Thank you!

Ciao, vorrei sapere perché non riesco ad installare e vedere il plugin OTT scaricato free. Nelle preferenze è pero' visibile ma poi nei plugins non si vede. Ho MacBook Pro OS big sure 11.2.1

ksheltarna

Ott dll shows version 1.2.0.1 but in Cubase it the plugin is version 1.0.0.6, also the dll says year 2015 even though it is the latest from your website. Resizing the plugin in Cubase makes the knobs not work, is that because it`s still 1.0.0.6?

steve_xfer

The version running will show if clicking the text area in the plugin. Cubase has a 'VST Version' which was not updating, I am retooling my build system and will fix that. OTT is not resizable at the moment.

I've got a licensed and updated edition of FL Studio, Serum and OTT through Splice. Serum is working fine. When installing OTT into my Effects folder, I did Run as Administrator. Whenever I attempt to add OTT to a mixer slot it says "The plugin OTT couldn't be found or opened. If it has to be unlocked, please make sure that you unlocked it correctly." The dll files are in a C: > Program Files > Image-Line > FL Studio 20 > Plugins > Fruity > Effects > OTT. Any idea what the problem is here?

I've got a licensed and updated edition of FL Studio, Serum and OTT through Splice. Serum is working fine. When installing OTT into my Effects folder, I did Run as Administrator. Whenever I attempt to add OTT to a mixer slot it says "The plugin OTT couldn't be found or opened. If it has to be unlocked, please make sure that you unlocked it correctly." The dll files are in a C: > Program Files > Image-Line > FL Studio 20 > Plugins > Fruity > Effects > OTT. Any idea what the problem is here?

I solved this after seeing a different post and it being mentioned that this should be installed in VSTPlugins instead of Effects. Seems to be working now. Thank you.

ksheltarna

The version running will show if clicking the text area in the plugin. Cubase has a 'VST Version' which was not updating, I am retooling my build system and will fix that. OTT is not resizable at the moment.

thanks for the reply